Key Features with Benefits
• IP based all-in-one solution designed for small business with up to five sites networked with inter-office dialing
• Flexible call processing deployment options including private branch exchange (PBX) or key system mode, allowing for easy transition to new system based on existing phone system
• Full-featured voice messaging and automated attendant to help improve communication among employees and with customers
• Easy access to voicemail messages from any phone, from the VoiceView Express IP phone display application, or via Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express
• Fax Mail per user where faxes received are delivered direct to the desktop email client or redirect to any fax machine when checking voice mail via phone
• Choice of Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones or Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series, including desktop and wireless handheld models, depending on each user's needs.
• When traveling or working from home, employees can stay in touch using the Cisco IP Communicator soft phone on any Windows PC.
• Video telephony is as easy as making a voice call by adding a Cisco USB video camera to any 7900 Series phone or to the IP Communicator soft phone and can be used between sites.
• Phone line connectivity using analog lines (FXO) or ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) with optional digital trunks (T1/E1/PRI) providing flexibility to add trunking as the business grows
• Built-in costs saving SIP trunking with preset configurations from major carriers
• Four analog phone connections (FXS) included for support of traditional fax machines or analog phones
Secure Network Foundation
• Network security included at no extra cost, including Cisco IOS® Firewall to protect the entry point into your network.
• Virtual private network (VPN) IPsec for site to site networking and SSL providing remote users highly secure access to the network included.
• An integrated 8-port Power over Ethernet (PoE) LAN switch for IP phones and other SBCS devices allowing for single box small office deployments
• Ability to expand switching capabilities through expansion ports with Cisco Small Business Pro ESW 500 Series Switches, available with Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and PoE allowing for easy configuration using SmartPort roles delivering business growth and flexibility to deploy switching where needed
• Integrated wireless LAN (WLAN) 802.11b/g capability, including support for data and voice giving freedom to employee's to work from any location in the office.
• Optional external Cisco access points to enable mobile networking (data and voice) for larger office spaces, which can help increase employee flexibility and productivity
• Smart Productivity Applications included with each UC 540 to help enhance employee productivity including:
– Cisco WebEx PhoneConnect allows single-button connection to Cisco WebEx™ meetings saving time when joining conference calls
– Cisco TimeCardView tracks employee hours worked and provides reports to managers of who is in the office plus ability to directly import hours to QuickBooks
– Single Number Reach allows callers to reach employees at their desk or mobile phone for improved customer service or to close sales more quickly
• Cisco Unified CallConnectors, call control, click to dial, inbound screen pop, presence and Instant messaging all integrated with popular Windows PC applications including Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Salesforce.com
Simplified Configuration and Network Management
• Cisco Configuration Assistant, a Windows based application for easy configuration of the UC 540 and related SBCS devices, including unified communications (phones and software), switching, routing, Smart Productivity Applications plus security
• CCA can simplify deployment of advanced UC540 features such as Basic ACD and Meet-me conferencing, as well as configure UC540 to integrate with approved 3rd party applications.
The Cisco UC 540 is available in two versions, an FXO (analog) model and a Basic Rate Interface (BRI) base model. With ease of ordering as a focus area, each has its own product ID. In addition, there is one software licensing product, multiples of which can be installed to achieve the desired user count. Table 1 lists the part numbers for the Cisco UC 540.
The Cisco UC 540 has built-in interfaces that offer fixed configurations, reducing complexity. In addition, this platform offers one (1) voice interface card (VIC) slot to support additional Cisco VIC modules. Table 2 lists the built-in interfaces, and Table 3 lists the modular interfaces supported on the UC 540.
The Cisco UC 540 includes eight user licenses. These licenses enable the use of Cisco Unified IP Phones and allow users to access the IP PBX features, including voicemail. In addition, supplementary user licenses are bundled to help with deployments that need a few extra licenses. For additional licensing needs, the L-UC-PRO-8U may be ordered. This increases the existing license count by eight. Table 5 lists the number of users supported based on the hardware/license configurations. The UC 540 also has built-in licenses for unified communications features. Table 4 lists the license count bundled within the system for each feature. Guidance for licenses associated with voice messaging on the UC 540 is included in Table 6.
The hardware specifications for the Cisco UC 540 include physical specifications, environmental specifications, power specifications, and regulatory compliance. Table 11 lists the physical specifications. Table 12 lists the power requirements for the platform. Table 13 provides the environmental specifications, and Table 14 shows the compliance information.